Cross-connections continue to be a significant causal and contributory factor of DP incidents despite the guidance on cross-connections published in the various documents by the MTS DP Committee.
This TECHOP is an amalgamation of parts of three previous TECHOPs on similar subjects augmented by new information pertinent to delivery of predictable incident free DP operations:
· TECHOP_ODP_10_(D) (EXTERNAL INTERFACES)
· TECHOP_ODP_11_(D) (CROSS_CONNECTIONS)
· TECHOP_ODP_13_(D) (CONTROL POWER SUPPLIES & AUTO CHANGEOVERS)
The TECHOP, by design, is comprehensive and contains examples demonstrating issues prevalent in experienced DP incidents associated with:
1. Cross-connections between redundant equipment groups.
2. Commonality shared between redundant groups
3. External interfaces & influences (affecting DP system as a whole)
The Guidance and Standards Sub Committee solicits comments on this addendum Draft document by the 31st of Jan 2020.
Upon publication of this TECHOP as the final document, the above referenced TECHOPs, 10, 11 and 13 will be withdrawn.
All TECHOP documents can be viewed and downloaded here.
Deadline for comments is January 31, 2020.