Download PDF: MTS Workshop in Rio – December 2019 – REV D_FINAL
FOURTH ANNUAL MTS DP WORKSHOP BRAZIL
2nd and 3rd of DECEMBER 2019 RIO DE JANEIRO
WORKSHOP SPONSORS – PETROBRAS / SHELL
WORKSHOP FACILITATOR: SUMAN MUDDUSETTI (CHAIRMAN MTS DP SUB COMMITTEE ON GUIDANCE AND STANDARDS – SHELL INTERNATIONAL EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION)
WORKSHOP CO FACILITATOR: DR STEVEN CARGILL (MEMBER MTS DP SUB COMMITTEE ON GUIDANCE AND STANDARDS – DNVGL NDms TECHNICAL AUTHORITY FOR DP)
The fourth MTS DP COMMITTEE facilitated workshop event in Brazil will be conducted on 2nd and 3rd of December at Rua Gen. Canabarro, n° 500, 12° andar, Ala D, Mini auditório, Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro.
This workshop will follow the familiar pattern of the MTS DP conference workshops conducted in Houston on the day preceding the Annual MTS DP Conference. Workshops such as this are seen as adding value to the DP community. This view is reflected in the increasing number of requests, to the MTS DP Committee, to conduct similar workshops in other areas around the world such as those held in Aberdeen, Oslo, Singapore and Abu Dhabi.
The topics for 2019 workshop were chosen by the sponsors for their significance and relevance to activities being carried out offshore Brazil.
This workshop will focus on enhancing awareness of DP related issues associated with the listed topics and the steps that can be taken to address these issues.
Registration: Attendance at this workshop is limited to 33 persons (Limit 2 per company – Exception requests if any to be forwarded to Petrobras / MTS DP Committee). Registration for this workshop will be managed by:
Carlo Campos (email@example.com)
• Louise Engel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Laila Kfuri (Laila.Kfuri@shell.com)
Please register early by sending an email to the email id’s mentioned herein.
Applicability: Those likely to benefit from the workshop include:
- Representatives from Vessel Owners / Contractors’ Project Teams, Technical departments (with accountability for specifying DP Equipment, FMEAs, providing technical support for Operations, Managing Operations)
- Vessel’s Operational Management teams (Masters, Chief Engineers, Chief Electricians & DPOs)
- Representatives from Oil Companies / Operators with accountability for chartering of and assurance on DP related matters
- Representatives responsible for training personnel / stakeholders engaged in DP operations. (not limited to DPO training)
- Consultant community (Independent 3rd Party Assurance and providing technical and operational support to Charterers and Vessel Managers)
- Representatives from Class responsible for approval of DP systems
- Representatives from Statutory Bodies (Flag State / Coastal State)
- Representatives from Shipyards, Key DP equipment vendors
The format of the workshop will follow that used at the MTS DP CONFERENCE in Houston. Participants work in small groups of 8 to 10 persons per table. Coaching and mentoring will be provided to the participants to allow them to be effective and achieve the stated objectives. Results and conclusions from the workshop will be summarized and presented to the MTS DP Technical Committee and to the sponsors, Petrobras and Shell.
The workshop will focus on enhancing awareness of issues and steps that can be taken to address the same and means to enhance value of managing DP operations effectively across the Supply Chain. Additionally, the workshop will provide a venue for the participants to gain awareness of the Technical and Operations guidance (TECHOPs) published by the MTS DP COMMITTEE. published by the MTS DP Committee.
TOPICS AND AGENDA
MORNING SESSION (0800~1200): EFFECTIVE VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION
- Open and Closed bus ties
- Hybrid Power
LUNCH BREAK: (1200~1300):
AFTERNOON SESSION (1300~1630): PREDICTABLE AND INCIDENT FREE DP OPERATIONS
- Case for Action (Desire to move into shallow water)
- Leveraging Technology
- Retrofittable LIFE
- Hybrid Power
- Establishing Basis of Confidence (IPV, Effective V and V)
- Understanding Boundary Conditions (Red Watch Circles)
- Riser analysis
- Water depth and Metocean
- Decision Support Tools
MORNING SESSION (0800~1200): PANEL SESSION
- Open and closed bustie operations
- Competency (DPO, FMEA Practitioner and DP SME / Company DP Authority
- DPO Competency Schemes
- MTS Guidance documents
- IMCA Accreditation Scheme
LUNCH BREAK: (1200~1300):
AFTERNOON SESSION (1300~1630): ADDRESSING CROSS CONNECTIONS, INTERFACES AND INFLUENCES – AN INTRODUCTION TO THE DRAFT TECHOP